Thyroid is that one gland in body which keeps your body working and functioning correctly so you may think that having thyroid disease would ring some alarming bells before turning into a full blown up disease which can be hard to turn back to. Well, we know thyroid problems are not that easily determined and they can certainly not be this easily let go off. Here we have debunked some serious myths about thyroid disease:
- It’s easy to determine thyroid problem
- Thyroid diseases’ symptoms can overlap with other diseases and seem similar. The symptoms of thyroid diseases which are weight loss, weight gain, fatigue, cold and hot body temperature changes and sensitivity can point in a different health disease direction as well. Thyroid problem can only be diagnosed through screening and you should get this done especially if you have a family history of thyroid.
- Hormonal problems after the age of 40 can mean menopause
- Menopause can cause hormonal misbalance and thyroid disease. After the age of 40 many women face menopause which has certain symptoms like less menstrual periods, mood swings, irregular sleep pattern and hot flashes. This all can very easily play a role in hormonal misbalance and when this happens, thyroid is not able to perform functions easily and this – if not maintained on time – can lead to disease.
- Thyroid can cause eyes to bulge
- Yes, not always but sometimes bulging eyes can be an effect of thyroid. Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which thyroid is working more than average and this can cause eyes to bulge. Even if it’s a very low ratio of people complaining about eye bulging still the doctors ask not to risk it anymore and instead quit smoking right away.
- Iodine supplements are a must to cure thyroid disease
- Not in every case in fact, it can worsen the condition. You may have heard a lot of people advertising about iodized salt because it helps with the deficiency of iodine in the body to help function thyroid but the ones suffering from hyperthyroidism can actually see the condition worsening up because most of the people’s diet contains salt. Try opting for healthy diet plan Dubai instead and see the benefits of it.
Don’t believe anything and everything that you hear but instead do your own research.